Friday, June 26, 2009

A long over due update....God is working

Well my first year of teaching is over. Well it has been for about a month now. I am very blessed by the lessons, people, and time that I have been overcome with. Since the school year has ended God has been doing some awesome stuff in my life.

At the end of April I joined a new church. God has challenged me in my walk with him ever since I have been attending. It is really awesome to attend and serve in a church where things are different. Different in a good way... at my new church it is like all the things I have ever liked in all the churches I have every attended put into one. I love it. (And I am also making a lot of new friends. Which is an answered prayer for at least for about two years now. Yeah God!!) I have been able to serve in ways I have before but it is different for me personally because before I was either a youth or a college student. But now I can focus more on serving and less on what else I have to do for work\ school. God is awesome.

Since school has ended I have been teaching summer school. Well co-teaching 4th grade science. I don't really like science all that much, but it is good that we are only doing experiments. I was able to take off for a week and go with the Youth to Mission Arlington. It was really awesome... God is doing sooooo much there. He did a lot with the youth and the adults of our group also. It was really neat to see the transformations of relationships with God and with each other.
While I was on the Mission trip God showed me a scripture that I now think on daily. Psalm 69: 5-6 - "YOU KNOW MY FOLLY, O GOD; MY GUILT IS NOT HIDDEN FROM YOU. MAY THOSE WHO HOPE IN YOU NOT BE DISGRACED BECAUSE OF ME, O LORD, THE LORD ALMIGHTY; MAY THOSE WHO SEEK YOU NOT BE PUT TO SHAME BECAUSE OF ME O GOD OF ISRAEL." God is showing me through this scripture that I need to watch my actions and words even when I don't think others could or would be influenced by them.

This week has been full of summer school in morning and Sports camp at night. My church does a sports camp instead of VBS. I really liked it a lot. God did an awesome work this week. I was unable to go tonight, it was the best night to, water night. Oh well maybe next year. I worked the concession stand at the ball field. I like it a lot, because you get to meet all kinds of people. And the extra cash isn't bad either. I'm working the All-Star tournament, it end Thursday and so does Summer school! Yeah for sleep!!! : )


Well I guess that's about it! Hope to talk to you again soon!

A long over due update....



1 comment:

Edward said...

The lean to roof is defined as single slope roof with its upper edge adjoining a wall or building.